Thursday, January 26, 2006

And... I'm back...

...California was fun and I had a great time. We drove back straight thru in 24 hours so I was pretty much exhausted by the time we got back. While I was out there I saw Brokeback Mountain, this is one of the best films I have ever seen. The characters really stay with you after you leave the theater. When I got back home, I was mildly surprised to see it was playing here! Yes Brokeback Mountain is playing in Rapid City, SD. Not only that, but it was practically sold out! I have to say I'm impressed. Nobody made any negative remarks or giggled in the love scenes. It was mostly an older crowd (definitely straight) and some people even brought their kids. Wow.
Needless to say, it's a great film. It has won 4 Golden Globes, was Number 5 in ticket sales last week and is an Oscar contender. Kind of gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling when a "gay" movie hit's all those benchmarks. It's an Ang Lee film so it's wonderfully directed and beautifully shot, it's an epic...a classic. I'll probably see it one more time, and of course buy the DVD. If you haven't seen it yet, you should. It's tragic, it's inspiring and it's about the relationships and love we all feel and go through each day. So with out further ado, here is the Brokeback Mountain Trailer to help you decide... ;-)
late

No comments:

Post a Comment