Monday, March 6, 2006

The Oscars


Well BBM didn't win Best Picture, and while that is disappointing, it did win for best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Score and of course, Best Director Ang Lee. Was the film hyped up way to much to attract an audience? Maybe. All in all it was a good night for the Oscars and Jon Stewart was mildly entertaining but what the hell was up with Three 6 Mafia winning an Oscar?? That was absolutely insane!! Ok at least when Eminem won his Oscar, that song was moving, it was inspirational and made you want to get up and do something with your life. I'm sorry but I found none of the lyrics inspirational in the Pimp song. As far as beat or rap/flow...it didn't even have that for appeal. There are like 5 Beyonce songs out RIGHT NOW that have a better beat, better flow and better lyrics. And I don't even like Beyonce!! I just didn't understand it, what message was the Academy trying to convey??? I feel so bad for Dolly, how embarassing to lose to a bunch of thugs who spoke ebonics while on the stage for the Oscars!! It's a damn shame.
Now I'm sure the press is going to promote homophobia for Brokeback Mountain not winning, but from what I've heard Crash is a very good film, but I haven't seen it so I don't know. I don't think it's homophobia, I'd like to think the Academy voted for the best picture...if I could just get over that whole Oscar song thing going to the that group, who sings about how hard it is for a pimp. I mean really, how hard could it be for a pimp?? You get to wear the big Fedora's, you don't have to do anything for your 90% cut from the ho you just sent out, you get to drive a caddy, you get to have 6 kids by 6 different women and not take responsibility for any of them. BUT YOU DEFINITELY DO NOT DESERVER AN OSCAR!!!...no mater how hard it is for a pimp out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment