Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Homeless people like to talk to me...

...they do, I don't know why. They just don't ask me for money, they go beyond that...like that they know me...for instance; the guy who thought I was Mike. So I'm walking on my lunch break, remember I work in downtown Sacramento, CA's capital and there is a guy on the sidewalk asking people for money. I am not saying he's homeless, just that he looks a bit unkept and he has like a backpack and a garbage bag sitting next to him. I have my headphones on and I see his lips move but don't hear what he says, I sort of just smile and shake my head no. Then I hear him yell Hey! (over the sound of The Killers mind you, telling me about how when I was young) So I turn around and take off my head phones and say...what? He asks if we went to school together...oh hellz naw...he's gotta be like 50 and I know I don't even look my age now at *30sumtin* and I was like, um..no. He asked if I was from Virginia or Rhode Island or some state where the pilgrims shot us heathens (I am Native American for those just logging in)once again, I was like...no. So I put my headphones on and start walking away (there was a bowl of Thai noodles calling my name!) and I can still hear him yelling Hey!...oh so now he is going to start following me sreaming Mike! Mike! It's me Mike! We went to school together!

*sigh* Ok...I am not a patient man by nature, I don't like waiting, I impulse buy and the microwave needs to be upgraded to one of those replicators they have on Deep Space 9. I do though, tend to have more patience for those who are mentally disturbed (which is why I've kept my best friends this long!! *ba dump bump*) so I turn around to him and calmly explain I have never been to school back east, I have never met you before and I'm positive WE did not go to school together, sorry. He just gives ME this most disgusted look and says...fine Mike...be that way...and turns around to go back to his backpack and garbage bag.
I felt small. I wanted to run after him and say "look, if I was Mike I would so be talking to you, you seem cool...but I'm not Mike!". Then again, I have Thai noodles waiting for me, so we parted seperate ways.

On another note...did you vote?! I've been watching the polls and projections...it seems (lawd let it be!) that there may be a shift in Congress...I don't want to say anything, I'm just going to go watch CNN and light a candle.
;-) peace
p.s. I was trying to add some pics, but blogger is being difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment