Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rambling Train Ride

So as some of you know, I ride the train home from work each day, well days when I wake up on time and don't have to drive in at a hundred miles an hour to make it on time and then pay for a full day of parking. I email two friends throughout the day and we go back and forth and sometimes when I get home I do a post script..of my train ride home, so we can then talk about it tomorrow morning. ;-) I thought I'd post this one. Oh let me preface this by saying, Danny is a guy I work with, he's sweet and nice and cute and he dresses OH SO DAMN GOOD!! Seriously, he's straight but he must have a gay consultant or something 'cause he is fierce! His outfits have just been getting better and better the past couple of months, which of course makes me shop more 'cause hello, I'm gay!! I need to be best dressed, I conceded today though. My fashion gay gene must not be that dominant. His jacket matched his hair, his shirt matched his eyes, the whole ensemble was just perfect! So anyways...now the post..

So I'm on the lite rail on my way home and I'm checking out what the men are wearing (yes Danny has given me a complex) and I noticed that they are all pretty much drab except for the queen with his murse and Calvin Klein cologne which is hurting my sinuses. I hate CK, ugh the fag pheromone! Well I begin to notice that even the straight men have nice shoes, like really nice shoes. I ride the same car every day so I ride with the same people pretty much every day and I now know notice most of the men have more than one pair of work shoes. I only have one. I need shoes.

Secondly, there is this one tall and handsome man I check out periodically when he gets on at the same time I do. Nice smile, pretty eyes...married. He usually is very nice to people, I've never talked to him though. Well today he was standing right across from me and I noticed he had two wedding rings on (and good shoes) but the rings were on his middle fingers...one on each hand. Weird. So I'm listening to my cell phone and playing golf, when he puts his hand in front of my face to get my attention. So I pause my game and take out my ear buds and he asks if my phone was the new Chocolate. I know you have no tv, but it's a new phone from verizon that has a mp3 player on it also. Christina Aguilera sings Candyman on the commercial. It does look similar to mine. I say no, and I go to put my ear buds back in and he asks what kind is it? I say a Nokia and he goes what kind of Nokia, I say 6265i...it has video, an MP3 player and all that...and he goes it has the works huh? and I say yes and he flashes his smile. So I my put my earbuds back in and go back to my game. A minute later I look up and he's holding...and I seriously recoil at this point...a Bible!! I was like oh no, he's going to try and reform me!! Who reads the bible on the Folsom train?? Well before anything could happen someone gets on the train that he knows and they start talking...and it was my stop...whew, so I got off fast!! So maybe he wasn't trying to reform me but instead just catching up on his reading 'cause it's Ash Wednesday?? So do I stand next to him next time? Or keep away...far far away??





1 comment:

  1. i love confrontations ... keep talking 2 him!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete