Sunday, July 1, 2007

SICKO Sunday...

...So I just got back from watching Michael Moore's new documentary, Sicko. It was awesome, you will laugh and you will cry but more importantly you will begin to question. Why are we the only western country without universal health care? Canada has it, Britain does...hell even Cuba has it. Those countries have lower infant mortality rates and longer life expectancy for their citizens. Their doctors live a comfortable life in million dollar homes and driving nice cars...so it couldn't be the money right? I mean they are getting paid by the government and can still do quite well. For being the worlds richest country, we rate 37th on the list of best health care. It's disgusting really, and the government is such a big part of it. I don't think Michael Moore is anti-American nor is this film totally anti-bush (noticed I said totally ;-) but it will make you think, and it will give you knowledge. In any case if you see one movie this summer, see Sicko! and then see Transformers. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you've convinced me. I'll see it. I know it will get me all riled up, but I'll see it anyway.
    "For being the worlds richest country, we rate 37th on the list of best health care. It's disgusting really..."
    Yep, it's going to get me all riled up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, get riled! That's what America needs to do...

    ReplyDelete