Thursday, August 23, 2007

Random Thoughts...

...So here in Rancho Cordova, CA for some reason there is a big Russian population...cool...fine with that. I live around the corner from a park/school and the other day I was on my way to work and I stopped at the stop sign in front of the park. I looked over and there were 3 old(er) Russian women, complete with scarves and dresses and sweaters. Well two started running across the park and they were racing and laughing and the third one watched and clapped them on. So I'm sitting there watching them and the two ladies are laughing and smiling as they race each other! For real...they were OLD and I don't meant like 50 but older, like you wouldn't expect them to move that fast. Well not that they were, but it was just so...enlightening? I'm on my way to work...I'm thinking of this meeting I have to be on, I'm wondering if I paid my insurance for this month and I'm tired 'cause I tossed and turned all night. One of my credit cards lost my payment and my car is running a bit rough...all this BAGGAGE I'm carrying!! And here are these older woman racing in the park with their granddaughters watching and they are laughing and smiling...big boobs sloshing side to side...head scarves blowing in the wind. I forgot all my problems right then, and I wondered about their life. I had seen them in the neighborhood before, heard them speaking Russian walking their grandkids to the school around the corner. What have THEY been through...where did THEY come from and how was it for them to leave where THEY came from? I felt...small...no, not small but just humbled. Yes, I have a lot going on, I have baggage, I have stress and I've been through some shit myself. The questions I asked myself? When is the last time I raced someone through a park and laughed while doing it? When was the last time I expressed just pure joy, like they were doing? It was hilarious to watch but at the same time...just so...pure...pure goodness. It was Wonderful. ;-) peace

2 comments:

  1. must be the vodka. i love russian men

    -jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...who drinks Vodka at 8:30 in the morning!!?? Russians?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete