Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's finally happened...

...I am so old now, that I was doing a search to download some Depeche Mode and in one of the results, was "I just can't get enough (the Gap Commercial)" *sigh*....my music is now being referenced as a commercial...for the younguns who have never heard (nor danced) to the original. When it was played at the "alternative" clubs...like One Step Beyond in San Jose, CA. Anyone ever heard of it? It was (as they say these days) The Shit. Dang, I must have been 19 when I first went there, oh I was the total alternative boy...dyed hair, black and white hounds tooth pants with a white shirt and black vest! LOL
What brought this all on was, I noticed in my Yahoo IM you can do these plug in thingys. (Ok I mean I've seen them forever but tonight actually checked them out)and so I did the Yahoo plug in for their radio station. I clicked on all stations and saw 80's alternative, normally that means depeche mode and the cure...but they actually have played some real cool stuff! I haven't heard Yaz or Thompson Twins or the Cromags or Oingo Boingo or Soft Cell or Strawberry Switch blade (and if you know who they are, we are destined to be together!). I have heard Real Life, Cocteau Twins and Dream Academy which is quite impressive. In any case, I just started listening to it, so who knows...OMG the are playing OMD now!! (and that stands for??) Have a great Friday tomorrow... ;-) peace.

1 comment:

  1. *laughs* I remember all these artists as well, buddy.

    ReplyDelete