Friday, August 15, 2008

God has a sense of Humor...

...ever have a day where everything goes wrong and things you can't control just piss you the fuck off? Well that was today AND this evening for me!! ugh! Nothing went right, work, personal, commute, family...EVERYTHING. I was impatient on things I knew I couldn't control, the commute back to the valley sucked even this late. I was angry at some people in my life, which only added fuel to the fire that has been smodering all day. I finally get to my destination city and went and ordered some egg rolls before checking into my room. It seemed like it took forever but was probably only 10 mins considering there were people before me but they had huge orders, I finally went up as asked if my egg rolls were going to be served (it was a to go order btw) AFTER all these other orders were served??
Okay, let's think about it, I feel I have the right to "jump" the line just because I ordered egg rolls and the two customers before me ordered like a hundred dollars each worth of food to take home and feed their families?? YES I FRICKING DID!! lol, sorry but really it was 9pm, a long day a stessful day and I just coulndn't wait another minute to get to my room and turn on the Olympics. Okay not JUST the Olympics but you know when you just want to be alone and wind down? That was me, well the kid looked scared and of course he couldn't understand what I was saying and I thought I was going to EXPLODE right there...so I took a breath and said "Is my order... going to be made...after all these other orders are bagged up and served to go?" He finally got it and shook his head and said "you're order right here" he was actually bagging it up while I was speaking to him. So I was relieved because honestly I was so angry (from the whole day) that I really thought if I didn't get away from people I was going to hurt someone. So I thanked him, grabbed my order and headed out to my car, I'm less than a block from my room...I can make it. No, of course not...as I'm trying to pull out this guy is blocking me waiting for a parking space. I take a deep breath and I look out the window and focus on the moon and how pretty it is and how even though right now I want to get out of the car and pull this guy out of his vehicle and beat his ass...logically...he doesn't know the day I have had. He's just waiting for a space, like I had to. I can see my hotel down the street...I'm going to be there in less than 5 mins, I will be in my room...life will be wonderful....just hold on to it. I finally make it to the hotel, check in to my room and just release and relax and chill and let go. I'm going to switch tracks here really quick, I hate Seinfeld...the comic and the show...ok hate is a strong word but I really really really dislike the show. I can NOT stand the music on the opening credits, it makes my stomach clench...seriously. If I hear it I just shiver and rush to find the remote so I can up or down on the channel buttons. I don't care what's on, I just can't stand the sound of that show...his voice, the music...*shiver*. So after my moment of solace, I pick up the remote and turn on the TV and head towards my backpack to get my laptop, and the very next thing I hear is that horrible burmb burmb burmb (or however you can type the worst music ever used on sitcom!). I spin around and grab for the remote and quickly just start slamming the channel button not even looking at the TV and then quickly just hit the power button and start to laugh...God does have a sense of humor and I get it. After the day I had and the feelings and emotions that have put me up and down alllll day, THAT is what I hear after I tried to let everything go?? I chuckled a bit more with the guy upstairs because I do believe in a higher power and we can call him God but I don't feel he should be revered and feared and all that, I feel he (or she) should be respected and is there for us and and at times shows us how silly we can be. That Seinfeld thing...classic "God has a sense of humor" for me. It seems always when I have a day like today it's something that should normally just SET ME OFF that final straw...is what actually makes me stop and laugh because I realize how silly I am and I really need to just chill. I believe God shows me that a lot when I have days like today and then have an ending like that. Here I am letting go and winding down and then something happens where I would want to throw the TV through the window, but instead I laugh. So I turn the tv back on...hmmmmm...interesting...after pounding on the channel button and then turning the TV off...well "click" I turn on the Olympics. What I really wanted, right there. Think about it.
;-) peace

No comments:

Post a Comment