Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sons of Anarchy

I started watching the first season today, I got to episode 5 and I just don't know if I can continue. That whole "pack" mentality is ridiculous, it's no different than all the gangs. Gangs, I feel, are made up of men who can't stand on their own two feet. I just saw "the Sons" blow torch an ex members back because he didn't remove his tattoo when he was kicked out of the club. Really? You're going to give a guy life threatening injuries because he didn't remove a tattoo of a grim reaper off his back? Wow, now that's masculine...it actually reminds me of women who get all huffy when they go to an event and someone has on the same dress, just saying. Then of course the way they treat women and the women just take it because, well that's what "we do". Now on the Sons of Anarchy they make Katey Sagal look like this strong woman who runs shit. Come on, according to the laws of the pack if her son Jaxson was supposed to be killed by the group she would just bite her lip and stand back. So yeah, that's not a very feminist point of view for all the women who despise the show. I really only may continue to watch it because Charlie Hunnam keeps taking his shirt off. It's well written (kinda because the shoot out at the bar in Nevada was soooo believable) and definitely well acted...it's just, well if this is the way real motorcycle clubs operate...that's kind of sad. At least they don't get jumped in (well they might, I'm only on episode 5) because now that is some bullshit. See this is how I know I could never be in a gang #1) too fucking independent, I'm not trying to hear nobody tell me what I need to do. #2) You are not going to kick my ass so I can be a part of your club, not happening, I will fight you back to the very end. Wait, maybe I could be the leader of a gang! Nope, can't do that either because if their simple asses don't do as I say and it comes back on me...I'm not responsible for that shit either. #3) We all have to wear the same outfit? Um...
;) peace


No comments:

Post a Comment