Saturday, January 30, 2010

Boycott the Superbowl?

I hope it doesn't come to that because I would be VERY conflicted if I had to choose to boycott and not watch the Superbowl. Dating site Mancrunch submitted a Superbowl ad to CBS, who rejected it. I'm surprised at everyone's reaction, I mean, as a nation we are no way near to watching two dudes making out during the Superbowl. I know it was supposed to be funny, and it is, but even I got a bit uncomfortable watching that make out session. I don't think it's the "gay" aspect of the ad, I think it's the "men making out" part that was a turn off. I think if the ad wasn't so graphic and had a different twist where it was just a funny ad, it would have been okay. Dunno, and before people counter if that was a straight couple kissing like that for a dating site...possibly, but I don't remember any Superbowl ads where making out was the focus of the ad or the simulated humping the blonde guy was doing. That was kinda uncomfortable also, maybe I'm just a prude? heh, um no. I'm glad they did try and submit the ad though. Still pushing for the Saints!!! ;) peace

2 comments:

  1. Football ratings would increase if they include the lockerroom/shower scenes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, it would take A LOT for me to boycott a game that showed that!

    ReplyDelete