Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beautiful

Was such an awesome day! I volunteered to fix Veteran's computers. My friend at school, Cristy, volunteers at the local VFW, and put together this thing where we will tune up your PC for a $30 donation. Well including her, there was only 2 of us who showed up! So overwhelmed, but so loved it. I was rocking!

Listening to the older guys (which, none hit on me #refreshing! Although the older ladies did flirt :p) was so cool. Explaining to people what they needed to do to keep their machines up to date today, awesome. I just loved the whole day. I stayed late after Jessie left, and I'm so glad he stayed as long as he did. So picked his brain on a few things!

The most humbling part was when I pulled in to the parking lot, I kinda wanted to stay home and sleep, but when I pulled up, I saw a vet missing a leg, and my whole attitude changed! I was now gung ho, let's do this! I learned so much today, I got to practice all I learned in school, and meet so many interesting people. They kept calling themselves old! ha! It was just a Beautiful day. I'm so thankful Cristy asked me to be a part of it, and trusted me that I could actually work on these machines.

I tweeted earlier that I felt like somebody, and my "pervy ladies" said I always was (love them), but today, I actually felt like I was. I've never had a title, or been referred to as anything. Today, I was a tech guy. Not to sound vain, but I kinda swelled with pride when someone asked me if I was one "of the technicians". I got to say yes, yes I am. Y'all don't really know where I come from, but for a rez kid from South Dakota, that's a pretty big thing. :)

I'm actually really good at this tech stuff, I get it. I'm good at the customer service part too, it was difficult at first not using "jargon", but I got it down to where I could explain things to people so they understood. I had a former Commander of the VFW computer to work on. It was such an honor for me. He was so patient.

I b*tch about school a lot! I b*tch about a lot of stuff, but today I heard war stories that makes me into nothing but a b*tch! I am so blessed. Everything happens for a reason, and I am so grateful for today. ;) peace

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you had this beautiful day.You really did do a good thing. I know volunteering made you feel good and getting the cbance to actually useyour education to help someone had to have ben wonderful and satisfying.

    You are a somebody each and every day. Dn't you forget that. You always take time to make sure your friends are okay. You worry about the people around you, and you've done your best to help certain people who make it hard to want to help them. You know the ones I mean. You are always a somebody, and I am prud to have you as a friend. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful person, Leo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @eyre well don't make me cry! LOL, but thank you. I just want to do what's right. :)
    @becullen thank you! My other blog (well this one) had Wonderful in the title. I believe life is Wonderful, so I try and be! :)

    ReplyDelete