Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hodgepodge

So my car died this last week. Engine is blown. I didn't freak out, because I'm where I'm supposed to be in life, and it'll work out. Granted last week was the first week of my last term of my first year! So there was a bit of concern, but I knew it would work out, and it did. My cuz is going to lend me her minivan so I can finish out the last 5 weeks of my term! I will be driving a Toyota Sienna! LMAO I know right?! But hey, I can rock a soccer mom van!! It's a set of wheels, and I'm grateful for them! My car didn't have AC, was loud, two of the windows didn't roll down, and there was a fume from the engine that burned my skin! But I loved that car.

It's really hard to let him go though. I had War Pony for 5 years (the longest I've ever owned a car, or heck, ever lived anywhere) he cost me $2k, and I paid him off from tips I was making as a server in S. Dakota. Everyday after work I would track my Auntie down and pay her whatever I made that day (that's who I bought the car from). He was a great car when I got him, everything worked, he had power! On the way home from S. Dakota to Cali, he blew his muffler joint up under the engine in Nevada. I should have known then. Since then he started falling apart, and even though I maintained him as best as I could, I don't think he ever really liked Cali. He was from the rez, but I think he ran as long as he did for me. Okay enough about that, let's just say when I was homeless, I trusted my car more than some of my "friends". They let me down, he never did. One day I will blog a post solely to War Pony, but not now, it's too soon.

Like I mentioned, started a new term last week! SJ is back, I thought I wouldn't see Hottie at all, but he has 2nd in the same room I have 1st, so I see him in the hall. Oh well, 5 more weeks and I won't see him anymore. I know a lot of you wonder why I call someone Hottie, yet can't stand to be around him...one day I will explain. He's been known as Hottie since last year when I started school, before I got to know him!

I know I talked about how I'm ALWAYS surrounded by my tech guys and it was frustrating. Well, in my Math class I was the only one, granted Pierced was there, but he's behind in classes so he's not really "my class" anymore. Of course there were other tech guys there, but once again, not MY class. I felt weird, and lost! And then a girl sat next to me. I almost flew out of the room! I don't remember the last time I wasn't surrounded by my tech guys. It just felt odd, my guys weren't with me! Well Jesse has the same class, but he was absent that day. He now sits next to me, and the world is spinning how it is supposed to. The girl still sits there, but she's cool, she's Native. She gets flirty, but I manage.

So that is what has been going on, a little bit of everything. Just waiting on grades from last term, which we should get this week. I'm optimistic! ;) peace





2 comments:

  1. I know your grades from last term are going to be fine.

    If you put a dog, SJ, and two girls in the soccer mom van, you could be like the Scooby gang. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @eyre I'm still waiting for them to post! I know I got an A in one class. I love the van! I want one! ;) peace

    ReplyDelete