Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rwanda Genocide

...I was reading this article about how the school where 50,000 Tutsis were killed in one day, was recently made into a memorial. All in all over 800,000 Tutsis were massacared. The UN, France, Belgium and the U.S. knew before hand the Genocide was going to take place by the Hutu people. Yet we didn't do anything, not one soldier was sent to Rwanda. I have never read anywhere that Sadam Hussein killed 800,000 of his people, maybe it's happened I don't know. I know he had tortured a lot of people who opposed his "regime". I know we "thought" he had Weapons of Mass Destruction, and I also know how rich his own country is in oil.
Maybe if the Tutsis people had WMD's or enormous oil fields we would have at least tried and to diplomatically stop the genocide.
Guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment