Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Friday...

...or what's left of it. I had relatives from S. Dakota in this week and we went and did the whole Fisherman Wharf thing in San Francisco. It was a nice visit but I was tired when I got home, it was a long day. Not much else going on, tomorrow is my Aunties memorial. My brother is down from Oregon so I'm hoping we can at least hit the driving range. So while I was in SF me and my sis were walking around waiting for our relatives (they did the Alcatraz tour) and we had our MP3 players. I have an iPod Nano and she has a...um...not sure what she has but it does the same thing mine does. So she plays this song by the Black Lodge Singers called Ask your mom for fifty cents. First let me say Black Lodge Singers are a pow wow drum group and they are really good, I like this song because it's in English (not a Lakota translation) so I could send it to my friends. This is actually a Crow Hop song which is a dance that we have. It's funny though, listen to the words, you may have to replay it a couple times to hear them all. Hope everyone has a great weekend! '-)

1 comment:

  1. i love those songs of your culture, thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete