Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sounds of Yesterday

I found this video and it reminded me of growing up, it reminded me of what I grew up with. Fuck these cali indians and their traditional ways. I'm from my home, I'm from where my people came from, this dance I have seen when I was young, like 5 or 6 and wasn't impressed because I saw it when I was even younger like 3 or 4. I mean no disrespect to the Cali natives but to the lakota's to the navajos etc, the families from the bay area but yet they ain't never been back to their homeland. Oh yeah they run shit here, they win the dance contests and the drum contests but have they ever been back to their rez? Do they know their language? NO, it's a society built upon reputation in the urban world of natives. I am so glad, I am not a part of that, I'm from the rez, I'm from my land I am from home. Hahempi waste yelo!

No comments:

Post a Comment