Thursday, July 10, 2008

Interesting food choices

Does anyone watch Corner Gas? Our cable is out so we get like 10 channels and this show was on one of them, WGN? I think...all I know is I live in Cali and I'm watching the news in Chicago at 5pm on this channel...hmm. In any case it's ok, it's Canadian and while I didn't bust out laughing I did chuckle a moment or two. The thing that struck me most was this food thing they were doing. So there is this diner who has a regular customer named Brent, well he eats at the diner every day and basically pays the light bill with as much as he eats. Well the diner owner names a customer of the month...and it's not him. So he decides to brown bag it to work (he owns the gas station, I think). So, since he ALWAYS eats at the diner, he has no food in his refrigerator so he is taking a pickle and jam sandwich and then he takes a cream cheese and olive sandwich. Uh, um...those sound HELLA good to me!! Seriously, cream cheese and olives? I don't like pickles or jam (I don't have a taste for sweets) but together it sounds delish!! I like weird food, or actually weird combinations...like cottage cheese, sunflower seeds (with out the seed) chocolate pudding dipped up with a cucumber slice! That is da bomb diggity!!! Mmm...now I'm hungry for chili fritos and cottage cheese...mmmm!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Leonard, Leonard, Leonard...pickles and jam?...chocolate pudding and cucumbers? It's official...YOU'RE PREGNANT!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! ok what about a piece of kraft cheese rolled up with a piece of turkey lunch meat eaten simultaneously with a large garlic stuffed olive? That's not weird is it?? Mmm...this blog post makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete