Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mika and Web Browsers...

....a couple of things I've experienced today. First, web browsers...I've been playing with a few to see which one is fastest because since I live in a hotel(s) I often have slower connections. So I get this email from BofA saying my account has been compromised and they need my account details to make sure my account is okay blah blah blah. Yeah, I don't have a BofA account and I get this email like once a month. I was using Opera at the time and I thought...hmmm...so I clicked the link in the email and Opera caught it and said it was a malicious website and blocked me from going to it. Cool. Would Mozilla do the same thing?, we shall see, sure enough it did...blocked me from connecting and even had a button that said Get me out of here!
Well of course IE
is going to block it right? I mean hello it's Microsoft!! The browser is like on 90% of the world's computers right? Well not exactly, but something like that and I think Firefox is #2. So I tried the experiment again, first off when I opened IE the phishing protection turned off in my Norton, cute. I turned it back on and then clicked the link in my email...IE took me right to the site!! I could not believe it!! I literally just looked at my screen for like a 10 seconds before I quickly shut the window down and ran a virus scan. I haven't used IE in like 12 years, I've always used Mozille Firefox and lately I've discovered Opera which really is hella fast, I'm happy with it. I also use Google Chrome once in awhile because my Realplayer downloads web video from it (but yet not from my other browsers?). Okay enough of that, I love Mika and here is his latest single, I'm not sure if I think he's cute or not but I love the song Billy Brown. Enjoy. ;) peace
6d72">



1 comment:

  1. just stopping by. And u say I dont read your blog.

    ReplyDelete