Monday, June 11, 2007

It's powwow nite...

...so I just got done about a half hour ago working from home and finishing things I needed to finish. So to relax, I take my ass to youtube and look for videos involving my people. So I found this vid, it is normally a traditional dancer man who closes out the ending of a powwow, but this lil girl did her thing. The reason it struck me so, was because she just has a shawl, no outfit, just a shawl. In the olden days that's all it was, just a shawl, all you needed. Nowadays, you have sequins and sunglasses and bright colors, but back then, if you had a shawl that is all you needed to be fancy. She's young, and technique? mmm...not the best but she dances, she closes it down. I give her respect for dancing in her tennis shoes...for not feeling bad she don't have no outfit, she uses what she has and she does it well. To me this is a real fancy dancer. ;-) peace
One more thing, more importantly...when everyone else is walking out...she finishes the song, she dances until the end. That is so cool. Love that. Hahempi waste yelo (have a good night) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment