Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Repost...

...I had a reader who asked if I could repost this blog. I was like why? and he said because it's important and not everyone has read it, as your blog has reached more people. Ok, nuff said. This is a repost of an IM convo with my brother, I think I held my own. ;-) peace

Homophobia...

...I'm going to post an IM session I had with my brother. I'm not sure if he's homophobic or not, he's come along way having a gay brother, but he definitely has conservative views when it comes to gay marriage. He's my brother and I love him, but we have very different views on the world today. Let me preface this by saying he loves the movie It's a Wonderful Life and he thinks I don't like it because it's wholesome and about family values. That's not true, I really don't like black and white movies or old movies (ok take my gay card) but that's just my thing. Here is the conversation that we had that started with the movie and ended up about gay marriage, byt the way I'm oglalaboy and my bro is Owen...

Owen: i'm tellin you... this movie is good!

Owen: it's wholesome with family values.... that's why you don't like it

oglalaboy: whatever, it's in black and white and all those people are dead...I live in the NOW...

Owen: you are a liberal..! you are against family values!

oglalaboy: no I'm for Family Vaules...but I don't discriminate against ALL families...as you do. Which is a contradiction, how can you say family values yet you PICK and CHOOSE which family's are allowed to be familys...that's a hypocrite and a small minded person.

oglalaboy: You really don't want to have this converstaion with me.

Owen: we have to have boundries as as society

Owen: and the boundries of a traditional houshold consists of man and woman!!

oglalaboy: boundaries? or bigoted lines drawn by overzealous bigots?

oglalaboy: Well you know, we don't live in traditional times anymore do we?

oglalaboy: we are in modern times and fight as much as you want, but times are changing.

Owen: well.. it's up to consertive people like me to keep a hold on civilizaion and keep things sane for future generations

oglalaboy: women don't stay home and cook and clean and most kids up to 5 don't even believe in santa clause but they know how to hook up a dvd player...it's a different world and you either join or just be a dinosaur and let the world pass you by.

oglalaboy: you'll lose

oglalaboy: it's already happening. There are 5 countries that allow gay marriage, there is one State that allows gay marriage there are 3 states that allow gay civil unions (same as marriage rights, just not the same name as gay marriage)...it's just a matter of time before the world realizes we are all the same and we can all love and we can all be productive members of society.

oglalaboy: the religious movement is failing, the leader of the biggest church in Colorado has resigned because he was outed as paying a MALE prositute for sex...the leader of the SECOND biggest church in Colorado...also came out the of closet and has resigned. The religious movement is failing because people realize it's all a sham.

Owen: well... right now.... i'm watching it's a wonderful life.. along with a lot of people in this country.... and i'm sure they are all not thinking of the pervert men who want to marry men and the men who want marry their toaster next!!

oglalaboy: And you know what? I know right now there are a lot of gay couples who are watching it's a wonderful life also, with their kids and with their partners, so it's just not for you conservative (small minded ignorant) people...life...is for everyone to enjoy. As a matter of fact, it's a wonderful life is the favorite movie of the majority of my lesbian friends. They watch it with their kids. And to think there is no difference between a man marrying a man and a man marrying a toaster is not only ignorant, but it also shows the lack of intellegence amongst people who think that. I think Delta (a junior college) will do you good, you need an education.
Owen has signed out. (12/24/2006 8:31 PM)

heh heh, like most repubican conservatives, he had to change channels! ;-) I'm sure he went to check the status of Iraqs WMD's. ;-) peace

No comments:

Post a Comment