Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Volunteering...

...okay as most know I am currently looking for work and well, I'm getting bored!! Seriously, I am going insane and just numb from lack of doing anything. Yes I do search and send out resumes and do follow up calls and all that but that's not an all day thing. So I thought, instead of sitting here waiting for the celly to ring, why not volunteer? I found a great website named Volunteer Match and I already sent a request for a couple of opportunities. Both are in the kitchen, one is in a shelter and one is in a not for profit hospital. I don't eat food but I love to watch the food network and I would love to go to culinary school, so I thought okay why not in a kitchen. Sure it may not be gourmet but I could pick something up and help others while I'm at. I've volunteered before serving food in homeless shelters and it's really uplifting because that may be the persons only meal that day and if they see a smiling face and a positive attitude behind the counter than I hope it's an even better experience for them. So who knows, at least it'll get me out of the house and interacting with people (which we all know I didn't really do for a year working for Intel). I'm excited and yes you would think with all this free time I would have more time to post hot guys with beautiful eyes and hairy thighs...and I will. I've been cleaning up my hard drive and have nice stuff coming soon! ;) peace



2 comments:

  1. I volunteer to do ANYTHING that boi on the park bench needs done.... ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, sweetie there wouldn't be much left after I got done with him. ;)peace

    ReplyDelete